UG/PG TEACHING SCHEDULE
List of integrated lectures.
Anatomy, Physiology of Ear.
Acute inflammatory conditions of external, middle & inner ear.
Chronic suppurative otitis media, classification pathogenesis & principles of management.
Complications of Chronic suppurative otitis media and their management.
Deafness-type classifications of various causes & management & deaf child.
Secretory otitis media and its sequelae.
Tumors of Ear.
Anatomy, Physiology of Nose.
Rhinosinusitis-Clinical features, complications and management.
Epistaxis – causes and management.
Nasal Polyposis – Type etiopathogenesis.
Nasal Obstruction – causes and their management.
Tumors of nose, paranasal sinuses & nasopharynx.
Infective conditions of oral cavity and oropharynx – indications, complications and their management.
Premalignant and malignant conditions of oral cavity their causes and management.
Hoarseness of voice – causes and their management.
Anatomy of neck spaces, infection of retropharyngeal space including ludwing’s angina.
Causes of upper air way obstruction and their management.
Foreign body in food & air passages.
Tumor of larynx & food passages- causes, presentations, staging & management.
Differential diagnosis of dysphagia and their management.
Different diagnosis of Neck swelling and their management.
Otolaryngological manifestations of AIDS.
Topics to be covered during clinical rouds:
- Introduction and welcome to the department distribution and basic guidelines of the working pattern of the department.
- Ear-Symptomatology – deafness, otorrhoea, dizzness, tinnitus, otalgia.
- Nose-obstructions, rhinorhoea, anosmia, sneezing, epistaxis.
- Throat-Odynophagia, dysphagia, throat pain, foreign body sensation change in voice and stridor.
- Art of history taking of ENT diseases.
- Ear, Nose & Throat OPD setup ; instrumnets and examination.
- Tunning fork test & hearing assessment.
- Indirect laryngoscopic examination and posterior rhinoscopic examination.
- Lymphatic of neck and clinical examination.
- Tonsilloadenoid resection and other head and neck surgery – indications, contraindications, positions, procedures, instrument and classification.
- Various surgeries of nasal septum.
- Various surgeries of paranasal sinuses.
- Rhinitis and classification.
- Anterior and posterior nasal packing
- Upper airway management – indications, procedures, positions, complications of different methods.
- Myringotomy – indications, positions, complication and risk of grommet insertion.
- Endoscopic procedures in E.N.T.
- Instruments in E.N.T.
- Radiology in E.N.T.
- Specimens in E.N.T.
Post Graduate Teaching
- Teachers and post graduate students would work together in OPD and OT which provides continuous learning to the students.
- Detailed orientation programme, personal touch for students’ growth & learning especially for surgical technique.
- Seminar, Journal, article presentation, case presentation and assignments as formal teaching. Use of LCD OHP & slide projectors by students and teachers.
- Temporal bone dissection laboratory where post graduate do their practice for various surgeries on cadaveric temporal bone.