Preventive and social medicine, a branch of medicine that deals with the prevention of disease and bring the awareness of the health in the society. The department was established at the same time when Medical College Bhavnagar was inaugurated, that was in the year 1995. Dr. A.R.N. Setalvad was first Professor & Head of the department. Present Professor & Head, Dr. M.P. Singh joined on 1st December 1998 and served the department till 31st October 2017.
- Undergraduate training.
- Interns training.
- Postgraduate training.
- Research activities:
- PSBH Work shop
- MICS ( Multi integrated cluster survey)
- UIP( Universal immunization program) coverage.
- I.D.D. survey: The department has conducted resurvey of Bhavnagar & Amreli districts in 2000.
Malaria, measles, diphtheria, cholera, chikungunya, fever epidemic.
National Health Programs
- School health evaluation
- I.D.D. survey
- IPPI ( Intensive pulse polio immunization)/li>
- IMNCI (Integrated management of neonatal and childhood illness)
- RCH Monitoring: The department has been identified as Coordinating department for the monitoring and supervision of RCH II activities of Bhavnagar, Amreli & Junagadh districts.
- SAEP ( School adolescent education program): The department has taken the project of School adolescent education program in 37 schools of Botad Taluka of Bhavnagar district. The program is funded by Gujarat AIDS Control Society.
- MSU (Micro nutrient support unit): Department is running this unit for the monitoring and supervision of Adolescent Girl Anemia Control Program, Vitamin A biannual round and Universal Salt Iodization programs in the Bhavnagar and Amreli districts.
- IDSP ( Integrated disease surveillance program)
- UHTC ( Urban heath training center)
|Address||Ghogha gate Bhavnagar.|
- RHTC ( Rural health training center)