- Pathology department of Medical College Bhavnagar was started in July - August 1996.
- At that time Sir T. Hospital was a Civil hospital & as in other hospitals there was a single laboratory in which all the work was carried out including Blood Bank. The building for the department was not built.
- Slowly the department started functioning as the building was built, instrument & other things were purchased & in 97 March first batch of II M.B,B.S students came to the department.
- Gradually the charge of the laboratory was handed over to pathology department.
- The old Blood Bank was not as per norms of a blood bank associated with teaching hospital. So it had to be started in a renovated fashion which was ultimately done in July 2000.
- Histopathology was also started & a full fledged department is existing since thereof.
Head Of Department:
|1.||DR. H. T. PAREKH||29 AUG -1996||DEC - 1996|
|2.||DR. SHAILA N. SHAH||1 JAN - 1997||APR - 1997|
|3.||DR. S. B. PANDYA||26 APR - 1997||OCT - 1998|
|4.||DR. S. B. PATRA||17 OCT - 1998||19 FEB - 2000|
|5.||DR. S. RAMESH||21 FEB - 2000||29 FEB - 2000|
|6.||DR. N. B. KIKANI||1 MAR - 2000||30 APR - 2004|
|7.||DR. SHAILA N. SHAH||1 MAY - 2004||1 SEP - 2008|
|8.||DR. H.J TRIVEDI||2 SEP - 2008||21 OCT - 2008|
|9.||DR. SHAILA N. SHAH||1 NOV - 2008||12 JAN - 2009|
|10.||DR. SHUSHIL K. SURI||12 JAN - 2009||30 APR - 2015|
|11.||DR. SHAILA N. SHAH||1 MAY 2015||Till Today|