The department was established in 1995 in old building in Sir Takhtsinhji hospital campus, before that the department was part of district civil hospital and OPD was run once a week by a private practitioner. After medical college established, all faculty positions were filled and daily OPD & separate ward for department was established with shifting of OPDs in new seven storey OPD. We have daily OPD cases to about 245-265 cases.
- ICTC was included in department of DVL from 2002 to 2009.
> OPD :3 Cubicals For Each Teacher
> Demonstration Room 1
> STD Clinic
> Procedure Room : 2
> Department Library and Seminar Room
> Offices For Faculties
> Clinical Teaching Room
> 30 bed capacities with isolation room
> Facilities for treating critically ill patients
> Doctor's room
Best counselling for STI
Stood first in allover Gujarat for Best counselling for STI on 1 december 2011
Organising cuticon 2007
The State conference of Dermatology-Cuticon was organised in December 2007 in Bhavnagar
Completed IADVL project funded by LOreal
In 2014, department has completed a study project entitled "A comprehensive, single-centered co-relational study of variations in skin biophysics in 500 healthy Indian volunteers as per different age-groups, gender and body surfaces"
This project was given by IADVL and funded by LOreal.
PG CON Conference and Live Demonstration of Dermatosurgery 2016
The State conference of Dermatology and Live Demonstration of Dermatosurgery was organised during 27th-28th of February 2016 at Bhavnagar.
PRESENTATIONS (NATIONAL LEVEL)
Dr Hita Mehta Dermoscopy in Non pigmented skin lesions, Dermatoscopy � A new look at the skin Mumbai Jan 2012
Extra Currical Activities
From Prof. & Head of department
- Training on Modified Leprosy Elimination Program- TO MEDICAL OFFICERS AND AUXILLARY HEALTH WORKER MORE THAN 301999-2013
- Training on RTI/STI/HIV/AIDS to medical officers and FHW/ANM more than 40 lectures-funded by GSACS
- Specialist service for examination of mentally challenged children at ankur school on 23rd sept. 2007
- Resource person in workshop on healthy sexual life organized by dept. Of continuing and adult education and extension work, held on 22-01-2008 at sub centre Bhavnagar
- Lecture delivered on adolescence in mahila college bhavnagar
- Organized quiz on HIV/AIDS for UG students on 2000 at govt. medical college,bhavnagar
- Training To Family Physian As A Part Of CME Programme on Skin,VD, Leprosy-In Family Medicine Sponsered By : Federation of Family Physians’ Association Of India Venue : District Training Center, Sir T. Hospital, Bhavnagar,2003
- Attended many camps to treat patients at rural and urban places
- Appointed Postgraduate Examiner At many Universities of Gujarat.
- Chaired the sessions in state, national, international conferences.
- Chairperson Scientific committee state conference-IADVL GSB 2007.
- Member of scientific committee,dermacon 2013
- Lifetime member of more than 10 associations
Degree : M.D.(Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy)
University Examination consists mainly of three parts :
- Theory Examination
- Practical Examination
- Thesis Assessment
Theory Examination will consist of 4 papers at the end of 6 academic terms. An academic term shall mean six months training period. The Chairman will take suggestions from remaining other examiners (internal & external) and draw a balanced paper. There will be four papers of three hours each with 100 marks in each paper-a total of 400 marks.
The paper will be drawn as follows :
|PAPER - I
||Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology, Bacteriology & Basic science
|PAPER - II
||Principles of Dermatology
|PAPER - III
||Venereology and Leprosy
|PAPER - IV
||Applied Dermatology, Recent Advances in Dermatology.
Practical examination shall consist of (a) Clinical (b) Oral examination & (c) Pathological Skills of 600 marks,